قلمخان ارجان سعيدولي
РһD, associate professor
al-Farabi avenue 73, №2 building, room. 212
Тел: +7(727) 302 09 43
About the department
Religious Studies as branch worked within the department of “Humanities and natural disciplines” of our university until 2011. Since 2011 academic year, the Department of Religious Studies has become an independent department. In 2011, as the head of the department “Religious Studies” was appointed PhD doctor of theological sciences A.Sh. Adilbaev. In 2014 as the head of the department was appointed PhD doctor of theological sciences K.S. Yerzhan.
At the moment, the Department of Religious Studies includes 12 (1 of them freelance worker) professors. Among them there are 3 Doctors of Sciences (1 of whom is a freelance worker), 3 Candidates of Science, 2 PhD Assistant Professors, 1 PhD Doctorate, 3 Master’s Teachers. The scientific level of the department is 72%.
In the Department of Religious Studies, highly qualified specialists like Sh.T. Kerim, A.R. Almukhamedov, K.A. Zatov, A.Sh. Adilbaev, K.S. Yerzhan, Zh.K. Meir, B. Hamzeeva, K.M. Borbasova, A.K. Duisenbava, M.Mahmet, Zh.Zh. Ishmakhanov, E.N. Yessimkulov conduct educational and methodological and educational work in parallel with the teaching of disciplines.
The teachers of the department conduct lectures on the disciplines of the Contemporary Religious Situation in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Comparative Religious Studies, State and Religion Relations, Religion in Modern Society, State Religious Laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Professors are not limited only to their lessons and conduct open lessons; improve their qualifications in accordance with the requirements of the time. They participate in international, republican, university conferences and publish scientific articles regularly.
THE MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
Preparation of highly qualified personnel with deep knowledge in religion and public relations, and coordinate the principles of secular state and religious values.
Preparation of highly qualified personnel with deep theoretical knowledge and broad practical skills capable of carrying out scientific and pedagogical activities.
Preparation of highly qualified personnel with the ability to implement fundamental and applied scientific research in the sphere of religion.
THE AIM OF THE DEPARTMENT:
To train specialists with deep theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of religious studies. Organization of the educational process of the department in accordance with current trends of science and social development.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Training highly qualified specialists – bachelors, masters, PhDs, who have connected the theoretical knowledge and practical skills, mastered the theory and history of religious science, studied methodology of research, and contributing to the professional development of the personnel in this area;
- Achieving a level of education that ensures quality and competitiveness in Religious Studies;
- Enhance the diversity of modern scientific achievements and innovative educational technologies into the educational process of Religious Studies, and to ensure the duality of the learning system based on connection of theoretical knowledge with practical fields of public demand;
- Training specialists capable of working in the different levels of state service in the Republic of Kazakhstan (ministries, departments, and administrations), research centers, media and other structures in the field of Religious Studies according to their competence and knowledge.
- Ensuring professional development and retraining of specialists in Religious Studies;
- To develop educational and methodical infrastructure on the basis of equipping the educational process with modern teaching technologies and teaching aids;
- Establishing and developing partnerships with domestic and foreign research centers;
- To contribute to the training of professionals with professional skills that provide social, psychological, religious and theological assistance to victims of destructive religious trends, and who can forecast and prevent activities of extremist, terrorist threats that are prejudicial to the security and social stability of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The department trains specialists in the following professions:
5В020600 – Religious studies (bachelor’s) full-time department – 4 years.
5В020600 – Religious studies (bachelor’s) correspondence department on the basis of higher education – 2 years.
6М020600 – Religious studies (master’s degree) – 2 years.
6D020600 – Religious studies (doctorate degree) – 3 years.
Graduates of the department can use the acquired skills and qualifications in such places:
- In scientific and research organizations of various types of property;
- In the republican, regional, state and municipal bodies;
- In educational and training centers of various types of property;
- In the centers of analysis and information;
- In public organizations, etc.
Applicants entering the specialty 5B020600 – Religious studies must show the balls of the UNT or complex testing and the results of the creative examination. Points for getting enrolled are 50.
The program of examinations in the field of Religious Studies:
- The program of the creative examination for admission to the bachelor’s program;
- The exam program for admission to the master’s program;
- The exam program for admission to doctoral studies.
- Sh.T. Kerim: the festive medal “KR Tauelsizdigine 25 jyl” and the public gold medal “Birlik” of the Assembly of Nations of Kazakhstan (2016);
- Sh.T. Kerim: the order “Kurmet” in honor of the 26th anniversary of Independence, issued by the decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev (2017);
- D., Assoc. A.R. Almuhamedov: honorary letter of the Republic of Kazakhstan in accordance with the decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan of December 5, 2014;
- D., Assoc. B. Khamzeeva: a diploma of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for her personal contribution to the development of the RK’s educational system of December 15, 2017;
- PhD, Assoc. K.S. Yerzhan: a letter of gratitude from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for his personal contribution to the development of the RK’s educational system of December 15, 2017;
- At the Republican Olympiad in Religious Studies and Theology between universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the city of Turkestan, the students of the Religious Studies specialty took the 3rd place in 2009, in 2013 the 3rd place, in 2017, in the personal and team account, took the 2nd place;
- At the 1st Republican Olympiad between girls reading Koran by heart, the student of the specialty Religious Studies Karsembayeva Zhadyra took the 2nd place in nomination of reciting 1 chapter;
- In the relay race in cross fit sports organized on the occasion of the 1000th anniversary of the city of Almaty, 1st-year students of the specialty Religious Studies took the 3rd place.