Admission exam program on specialty “6M020600-Religious Studies”
Purpose and tasks of the admission examinations on specialty
The purpose of admission examinations is to assess the professional competence of students and the formation of professional knowledge and responsibility in the field of professional religious studies, which perform tasks at different levels.
- To evaluate the degree of theoretical and practical training of the master’s degree student, the ability to apply scientific knowledge in the organization of religious studies at universities and at school;
- To define the degree of combining and forming knowledge in the process of solving the types of tasks in the professional area;
- Determining the level of knowledge in the informational and communicative culture;
- Implementation of general culture and professional incentive levels.
The form of admission exams is a complicated oral and written exam. The examiner answers the examination questions in the answer sheet and answers the examination committee verbally. When submitting an appeal, the record in the reply is based on the appeal.
- Requirements for master’s degree students in “6M020600 – Religious Studies”
In the exam, trainees should be able to identify new methods of research, set out tasks and goals related to the introduction of professional functions. They must acquire the following qualities: to be prepared for the use of scientific methods obtained in their solution, to respond to the results of professional and scientific activities undertaken by humanity and the state, to maintain an active civic attitude based on democratic credentials and humanistic values, to demonstrate creativity in a wide range of professional fields, have a high incentive to work, have a great responsibility on the job, have a sense of civil and professional debt, acquire the quality of inventing new ideas, do not influence public and ethical norms, and have the ability to create the optimal strategies in their field, to be able to solve problems in new or emergent situations and to respond to their work.
- Prerequisites of the educational program
Prerequisites include: “History of Religions” – 4 credits, “Philosophy of Religion” 3 credits, “Modern Religious Movements and Cults” – 3 credits.
List of Exam Topics
Discipline “History of religions”
- The subject of history of religions and the essence of religion
- The structure, functions, types, classification and origin of religion
- Ancient religious beliefs and beliefs of ancient civilizations
- Beliefs of Ancient Civilizations
- National religions
- World Religions
Discipline “Philosophy of Religion”
- Formation of Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Religion in Western philosophy
- Kant’s philosophy of religion
- Hegel’s philosophy of religion
- Philosophy of Religion of L. Weinerbach
- К. Marx and F. Engels about religion
- Philosophical theology as a recognition of individual philosophical identity
- Theology and philosophy
Discipline «Modern religious movements and cults»
- Traditional and non-traditional cults in the twentieth century
- Modern religious sects
- Religion and modern science
- Religious ideas in mass culture