Head of the department
Kalmakhan Seituly YERZHAN
РһD, associate professor
al-Farabi avenue 73, №1 building, room. 301
Тел: +7(727) 302 09 43 (134)
Scientific works of the teaching staff
THE MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
Department of Religious Studies provides education according to the mission on three levels. It provides the preparation of specialists capable of implementing the priorities set out in the policy of religion in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
THE AIM OF THE DEPARTMENT:
To train specialists with deep theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of religious studies. Organization of the educational process of the department in accordance with current trends of science and social development.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- Training highly qualified specialists – bachelors, masters, PhDs, who have connected the theoretical knowledge and practical skills, mastered the theory and history of religious science, studied methodology of research, and contributing to the professional development of the personnel in this area;
- Achieving a level of education that ensures quality;
- Enhance the diversity of modern scientific achievements and innovative educational technologies into the educational process of Religious Studies, and to ensure the duality of the learning system based on connection of theoretical knowledge with practical fields of public demand;
- Training specialists capable of working in the different levels of state service in the Republic of Kazakhstan (ministries, departments, and administrations), research centers, media and other structures in the field of Religious Studies according to their competence and knowledge.
- Ensuring professional development and retraining;
- To develop educational and methodical infrastructure on the basis of equipping the educational process with modern teaching technologies and teaching aids;
- Establishing and developing partnerships with domestic and foreign research centers;
- To contribute to the training of professionals with professional skills that provide social, psychological, religious and theological assistance to victims of destructive religious trends, and who can forecast and prevent activities of extremist, terrorist threats that are prejudicial to the security and social stability of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The department provides three-level education. It includes: bachelor, magistracy and doctoral studies. The specialty of Religious Studies (Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral studies) has passed the State certification of RK in 2016.
In 2017, three levels passed a special accreditation from the Independent Agency for Quality Assurance in Kazakhstan to ensure the quality of education.
The department trains specialists in the following professions:
6В02202 – Religious studies (bachelor’s) full-time department – 4 years.
6В02202 – Religious studies (bachelor’s) esecond degree – 2 years.
7М02202 – Religious studies (master’s degree) – 2 years.
8D02202 – Religious studies (doctorate degree) – 3 years.
6В02203 – Teology studies (bachelor’s) full-time department – 4 years.
6В02205 – Teology studies (bachelor’s) esecond degree – 2 years.
Graduates of the department can use the acquired skills and qualifications in such places:
- In scientific and research organizations of various types of property;
- In the republican, regional, state and municipal bodies;
- In educational and training centers of various types of property;
- In the centers of analysis and information;
- In public organizations, etc.
Applicants entering the specialty 5B020600 – Religious studies must show the balls of the UNT or complex testing and the results of the creative examination. Points for getting enrolled are 50.