Strategy of the University
Activities of the Egyptian University of Islamic culture “Nur-Mubarak” (EUIC “Nur-Mubarak”) are organized in accordance with the “Strategy of development of EUIC until 2020”, which defines the mission and prospects.
- EUIC “Nur-Mubarak” is the centre of religious education in Kazakhstan and Central Asia;
- Approval of the principles of the university, meeting the requirements of Islam;
- Development of new programmes for different specialties together with foreign universities;
- implementation of doctoral programmes;
- an increase in the number of foreign partner universities.
Objectives of the University:
- training of highly qualified personnel for the SMMC structures, mosques, religious institutions
- training of highly qualified and competitive specialists (bachelors, masters, doctors PhD), competent in the basics of Islam and its trends, the research methodology, the history of Islam religion and knowledge; assisting in the training of specialists;
- Improving the learning management system;
- participation in the development of the religious elite of our country in the future;
- reduction in the number of students on a paid basis;
- creation of the model curricula for all Islamic disciplines for specialty “Islamic Studies” (degrees: Bachelor, Master, Doctorate) for higher education institutions, madrasas and training courses on the Koran reading; preparation of textbooks and teaching aids, preparation of educational programs;
- the development of Islamic science, carrying out basic and applied research works on Islam;
- training of specialists in Islamic studies for media, research centers and other structures;
- establishment of a close connection between the educational institutions and religious centres of the country, publication of articles about these events;
- Improving the service of the Internet portal of the University;
- distance learning of the specialty “Islamic studies”;
- substantiation of theoretical and applied scientific views of the Hanafi Madhab;
- improving of the scientific and educational provision;
- establishment of links and friendly relations with foreign educational institutions and research centers;
- Attracting highly qualified professionals with deep knowledge of the Hanafi Madhab, to become the member of the TS of the University.
When defining the mission, goals and objectives of the “Nur-Mubarak” University the development programmes have been considered in the southeastern and southwestern regions in 2011-2015. The mission, goals and objectives of the University correspond to the goals, objectives and priorities of the development of these regions, which is expressed as follows.
Today the university has the highest proportion (92%) in the level of employment of graduates, the priority is the constant improvement of competitiveness, training programmes are focused on the labor market, measures are taken by mutual agreement of the employee and the employer.
EUIC Management System “Nur-Mubarak” provides for the implementation of the University’s mission and is established in accordance with the laws “On science”, “On Education” and the state program of education development in Kazakhstan for 2011-2020.
Training of specialists of different levels, meeting the demand of students and employers, ensuring the implementation of the priority of continuous training, conducting research works, preparation of studies in the areas of Islamic studies, religious studies, Arabic philology and the usage of the results of their activities in the national economy is the University policy in the sphere of quality.
To implement this policy, the university administration has identified the following priorities:
- introduction of a flexible system of multilevel education and supplementary religious education; improvement of conditions aimed at the formation of religious, spiritual knowledge; provision of various types of educational services, monitoring of the labor market and employment of graduates, as well as intellectual development and participation in social and sporting life;
- monitoring the learning process based on the analysis of the quality of students’ knowledge and provided educational services, estimated by the university management system;
- attracting faculty and staff of the university for creative activity, to provide them with social and living conditions for holding of general cultural and recreational activities;
- improvement of training and research activities of the University by improving the material and technical base, TS expertise and staff, as well as the introduction of quality management system;
- adoption of the university decisions made by senior management on the basis of the full and objective analysis of the learning outcomes in the form of suggestions;
- control activities carried out in determining university policies, the division of the funds, creating jobs, establishing contacts with foreign colleagues and partners-employers.
The scope of activities is expanded for the mission, goals and strategies of the University: new specialties of master’s and doctoral studies, departments of science and religion, the planning and provision of activities for international relations, for master’s and doctoral departments.
In order to enhance the role of corporate governance university leadership attaches special importance to the Board of Trustees. The service of this organization is to improve the quality of training and development of the university. It is focused on the association of the university resources, public and business structures. The members of the Board of Trustees offer recommendations for the definition of strategies in priority areas of development and future goals of universities and participating in the preparation of the education programmes; determine the strategy of development of effective relationships with employers, helping the employment of graduates.
In order to fulfill the university’s mission, the organizational structure of the university is optimized, focused on the corporate governance; the method of selecting the competent personnel is implemented, taking into account its internal and external risks; the planning system is revised; a new system of evaluation of scientific and innovation activity of TS and the system of electronic documents are introduced.
The mission, goals and responsibilities of the University are determined by the Vice-Rector, heads of the departments, the administration of youth and the management team, created on the basis of the structural units of the university.
The mission is discussed and considered collectively several times, resulting in the refined system of values and perspectives of the development of the university.
At the meeting of the Academic Council (Minutes №80 dated 31 May 2012) a new strategy was approved, which determined the model of the future mission and goals of the University. At the meeting of the Academic Council (Minutes №91 dated January 6, 2014) the University’s development strategy was amended and supplemented.
When defining the mission, goals and responsibilities of the university members of the Academic Council, faculty, students and staff of the structural units of the university attended. During the discussion, some amendments were made to the project. The last version of the document was discussed at the Academic Council and was unanimously adopted taking into account all comments and changes. After the approval of the university’s mission working groups were formed at each university department responsible for the implementation of the mission, goals and objectives at the level of the department.
Faculty, staff and students of the University have been informed of the content of the mission, goals and strategies of the University in the following ways:
- through information boards and web portal information about the mission, goals and strategies of the University was reported;
- clarification of the content of the mission, goals and strategies of the University during the meetings of structural subdivisions of the university;
- clarification of the content of the mission, goals and strategies of the University at student assemblies.